Wednesday 9 July 2014

Birthday Blessings

Yesterday I turned 25 years old. My birthday was celebrated in style as I was surrounded by my friends and family - all the people who mean the world to me. And if that wasn't enough, they spoiled me even more by showering me with presents and surprises. I am so grateful I feel it necessary to write a blog and discuss my birthday blessings... 

Me celebrating my birthday in style with a 'Blue Heaven' cocktail. Yummy!

For me, Birthdays are important, they mean something. They have always been something I will go out of my way for to celebrate. I love to find something that I know my loved ones will enjoy and love to open on their birthdays. Yesterday, that same passion was shared and my family and friends made it their mission to spoil me and spoil me they did. 

My amazing gifts from all my family and friends.

After a tough start to the year I have never needed such an amazing pick me up. I have felt lost since January, not knowing how to trust people anymore, struggling to know who would really be there for me when the going gets tough or when it really mattered. I now have a much better idea thanks to the amazing gestures of celebration and love I received yesterday. There is a quote I love that really does sum up a fair few of my friendships:
"Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are there". 


I, like everyone, have friends who I see on the odd occasion, but when I do see them, everything is amazing. Nothing has changed. Neither one of us is awkward or desperate for an explanation as to why there has been such a gap between our last meeting. We are just happy to be in one another's company and that is exactly as it should be. Some friends you will see everyday and you're no closer to them as you are the friend you see once a month, or every few months. My eyes were truly opened to this yesterday as I celebrated with all styles of friends; lifelong friends, new friends, old friends, friends I see all the time and friends I see less occasionally... They all came together to celebrate my birthday and for this I am truly lucky. 

A beautiful collage, made by Amyy Newbold, of many of my friends and family.

Just to add to the beautiful memory that was created last night, I had a final surprise in store at the end of the night. Three cakes were bought out to me from the kitchen as everyone sang 'happy birthday!' Three! That tells me that at least three people had separately visited the restaurant before last night to give them an extra special gift to present to me. The cakes were incredible and each one had a significant meaning behind it! (If you can't tell from the pictures below I am in love with pigs!) 




My fantastic cakes that bought me to tears. The First handmade by Alice Brown, the second provided by Alice Taylor and Amyy Newbold and the third bought by my Mum.

Finally then, I want to thank every person who has been involved in my birthday this year, whether you were there last night celebrating with me in person, or you drop a quick text to wish me a good day, thank you. I am so grateful and feel overwhelmed with the love I have received. Thank you .x.x.

Me and Mum before the celebrations began.

No comments:

Post a Comment