Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Best Parts Of My Bookshelf

So as a reviewer my interest falls mainly on books/films/music and I guess I wanted to go through each of these - at different times - and discuss my favourites. So this blog entry brings you the three top titles on my bookshelf and why. 

Maybe it should be entitled "Why Cecelia Ahern is my Favourite Author" because most of my favourite titles come from her mind, but I'll just pick my favourite book by her (tough decision) and discuss that one, and then move on to a different author. But just so you know this is going to be difficult... 

Top Title Number 3 is Matt Haig's The Humans. This book is borrowed which sadly means it cannot live on my shelf forever but I am certainly considering buying my own copy to keep for when times get rough. Because Haig writes as if he knows all your problems and helps you through them with his words. 
Professor Andrew Martin solves the seemingly impossible mathematical problem but disappears. Found wandering naked along a motorway he seems different. Even his wife and son find him to be inhumane. Can he prevent himself from killing all those connected with his findings? Is peanut butter really invented by such a terrible race? The Humans is the reason for the phrase 'weird and wonderful'. 





Top Title Number 2 has to be Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games Trilogy. 
Being part of the poorest district doesn't benefit anyone, especially Katniss Everdeen when she is called up to fight in a battle where 24 go in but only 1 returns. 
My heart stopped quite a few times whilst reading this book. The lead roles are relatable and I pictured myself in Katniss' position countless of times as I watched her story unfold. What would I do in that situation? Who would I trust if I was her? I fell in love with this book, and that love only grew after reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay. It's got action, emotion and romance all packed into one. 





But the crowned winner, Top Title Number 1 is Cecelia Ahern - If You Could See Me Now. 
Elizabeth Egan leads a busy lifestyle, running her own business whilst looking after her sisters son, Luke. She doesn't have friends and a man is the last thing on her mind. 
Ivan, fun loving, spontaneous and always seeking an adventure to embark on, finds himself befriending Luke and soon enough Elizabeth too. He helps her rekindle with aspects of her life she considered to be lost. But is Ivan too good to be true?
This heart warming and imaginative tale is what Cecelia Ahern is all about. Leaving you hanging onto every word and never wanting the stories that she writes to end. I found myself reading this book again and again and every time experiencing a different emotion. I would happily read it more too because it just doesn't get boring. It's a beautiful piece of fiction that I love having on my bookshelf, close to hand. 



So there you have it. My three top titles on my bookshelf at the moment. Each different from one another in so many ways but all fantastic reads carrying ingenious twists, which I recommend you discover when you get the chance. 

What are your favourite books on your shelf? 
Leave me a comment below :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment