Thursday 14 August 2014

Solo rider

Holiday season is upon us and it was my decision to take one on my own this year. It's a challenge, it's a big risk and I'm now feeling very apprehensive as I sit at the gate... 

After a shaky start to my holiday I am now fuelled with food and waiting at gate 35 in Gatwick's South terminal. My temperature is pretty high, but I am going to put that down to the cocktails which accompanied my Franky and Bennys dinner. I am surrounded by couples and families, but reminding myself it was my choice to come alone.

I have decided it a good idea to venture into the unknown, independently, to track down my happiness and learn a life lesson of coping and being content in my own company. My life has come to a point where I feel this necessary and so I decided it my next challenge to visit a strange country and do just that. Feels a bit crazy now, but I am still proud of myself for giving it a go. Worst case scenario I lock myself in my hotel room and read for a week! Could be worse right?

So, I will of course update as the week goes on - assuming Tunisia isn't so under-developed that WiFi hasn't reached their intelligence yet! Just know that I am going knowing two very important phrases I think will come in handy : "no" and "keep away"... !

Have you ever travelled alone? If so tips are welcomed with open arms... 

No comments:

Post a Comment