Friday 15 August 2014

Solo rider #2

I am here. Safe and soundly I arrived at the Tej Marharba, Sousse, Tunisia at 2am!! The views from my balcony alone are breathtaking and I cannot wait to explore what I see.

This morning I have relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful words of Elizabeth Gilbert in her book "Eat, Prey, Love". Thank you Claire for this loan... It is helping me in ways I couldn't have imagined. (a review of this book will be published soon - watch this space).
The cocktails are stronger than the sun rays, which are producing around 36°C heat!! Life is on the up.

Two trips are booked,  one to the El Gjem, one of the best preserved Roman Ampitheatres in the world, and another to the medina for a rumble around the market and a rooftop hot chocolate.

I also plan on visiting Port El Katowi for a visit to the singing light fountains, which resonate those in Barcelona I visited a few years ago with my Mum. The music and lights encourage the fountains to dance!

People here are friendly and have already gone out of their way to supply me with drinks and a sense of safety. I have been asked to be someone's bride, but that is not a fate I wish to succeed!!

All in all then folks a good time on the first day is being had. I am currently on my way to Taj Mahal - a café (sadly not the Indian temple) - for a hot chocolate and some Tunisian grub. So until next time,  Bislaama (goodbye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment