Sunday 25 August 2013

I PASSED!!

Well it has been an exciting week for me, I've played gigs, started my new nail business but the BEST part was passing my GCSE Mathematics. 

When I was in school in my final year I struggled with my exams due to problems at home therefore my grades suffered. I know everyone uses an excuse for low grades but I am being 100% honest. Anyway, since school I decided to follow my dream of becoming a teacher and for this to come true I needed my Maths GCSE. I was literally convinced that this would be the biggest obstacle for me to succeed becoming a teacher. But a dream is a dream and will only come true with hard work... So, last November (2012) I joined a Government funded Maths course and studied so hard alongside a great friend of mine. There were tears, rants and moments where I wanted to give up... But now I am pleased to say, the exams have been sit and the results are in... 

To obtain a 'C' grade, which is the highest mark you can achieve on the foundation course, I was advised I'd have to reach 180 marks+. Through all my efforts I came out achieving 220 marks!! I was so happy, literally over the moon. 

I guess this blog is about achieving and never giving up on yourself. Maths is something I was ridiculously scared of, a fear I never thought I could overcome, even to achieve my dream. But after a lot of hard work, support from home and self belief, I did it. I succeeded. 

So if there is something you are aiming for at the moment and things are getting tough... don't give up. You can do it if it is something you really want. 


What is your biggest dream at the moment? Are there any obstacles you have to face? 
Please leave a comment below...

No comments:

Post a Comment